When I say there is a hell lot of details, you have no idea. Let me remind you that I do this as a part time independant producer, between family and job. It's a lot of personnal investment that involve time and money and that can be frustrating for people around you. If my experience can inspire other people who are in the same kind of situation, with similar goals, I'd be very happy.
I'm already at a pretty advanced stage in the process. Enough advanced to affirm that this is going to happen. There will be a limited edition of Orgasmo Sonore - Revisiting Obscure Film Music Volume 1 available soon. But for the sake of that blog, I will rewind back a bit in time so you'll know every step that I had to deal with. These steps include :
- Recording of the songs
- Mixing and production
- Copyright matters
- Mastering and cutting the lacquer
- Making of the cover design
- Printing of the jacket
- Pressing the LP
- Release and distribution
Now, curious about this project ? Let me give you a nice teaser. Following is the complete and definitve songs list that will goes on this volume 1.
1. Mistico e Severo (Ennio Morricone - Da Uomo a Uomo/Inglourious Basterds)
2. Deshominisation I (Alain Goraguer - Fantastic Planet)
3. Escape from New-York main titles (John Carpenter - Escape from New-York)
4. Under the Earth (Alejandro Jodorowsky - El Topo)
5. Zombi 2 - seq 1 (Fabio Frizzi - Zombi 2)
6. La Dolce Sandra (Stelvio Cipriani - Solamente Nero)
7. l'Atesa (Stelvio Cipriani - Incubo Sulla Citta Contaminata)
8. Ecologia del Delitto (Stelvio Cipriani - Bay of Blood)
9. Connexion (Goblin - Alien Contamination)
10. Chaser (Piero Umiliani - Il Corpo)
11. Klaus Kinski (Orgasmo Sonore)
12. Jean-Pierre Melville (Orgasmo Sonore)
How about it ? This is really intent for the fans of these old soundtracks and I'm putting all the love and respect I have for this music into the making of it. I promess it will be a very nice object to hold in you hands and obviously a nice disc to listen to !!
Stay tuned for more details about it !!